Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships which are tenable in Universities and institutions of higher learning in the United Kingdom. The awards are intended for Ghanaian men and women of high intellectual promise who will be expected to make significant contribution to the achievement of the overall development objectives of the country on their return from their studies.
The Commonwealth Scholarships are for the following levels of study:
- Be Ghanaian Citizen resident in Ghana
- Applicants for Masters Degree must have First Class or Second Class Upper.
- Applicants for Doctoral studies should have at least 2nd Class (Upper) and a relevant Masters degree in related/relevant fields.
- Candidates must not be above 35 years for Master Degree and above 45 years for Doctoral studies
- Applicants must obtain admission from a University in the United Kingdom.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply
The scholarships are offered under six development themes and all candidates must apply under one of these themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications are required to apply to the address stated below.
- Applications should state clearly their propose field of study or research and in addition produce originals of certificates at the interview
- Medical Officers within the public service should obtain formal clearance from the Director of Manpower, Ministry of Health in support of their applications.
- Candidates serving in Government Departments or in other Public Service Organizations must pass their applications through the Heads of their Organizations.
Eligible applicants should submit application with the relevant documents stated below to the Registrar of Scholarships
- Certified copies of University record
- A research proposal with study plan
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- One (1) recent passport size photograph
- Copy of National Service Certificate
Not later than 7th December, 2018.
Applicants may hand in applications personally to the same address.
P.O. BOX M. 75
SOURCE: Ghana Scholarships Secretariat